Reference principle for casting mold selection:
● Non-ferrous metal castings with high casting precision or quality requirements, general shape and large batch production can be selected.
● When the inner cavity of the casting is complex and the metal core cannot be used, the sand core can be used and the outer metal mold can be used.
● For large and medium castings with low precision requirements, sand mold can be used for single or small batch production.
● Casting precision requirements are high, can be used in batch production shell.
● Ceramic type is suitable for large and medium casting with high precision.
● Melting model shell is suitable for small and medium-sized castings with complex shape and high precision.
● For single and small batch castings with special requirements, gypsum type, graphite type, etc.
Mold used in low-pressure casting
1. Metal type
The metal type is mostly used for large - scale production of non - ferrous metal castings.
2. Non-metallic type
Non-metallic casting is mainly used for single small batch production, such as sand mold, graphite mold, gypsum mold, ceramic mold and melting model shell can be used for low-pressure casting, while sand mold is mainly used in production. However, the air permeability and strength of sand moulding materials for low-pressure casting shall be high when pouring, and the gas in the mold cavity is completely discharged by the exhaust duct and sand pore.